Quetzalcoatl is the god of new life. I thought I post him here as I really do feel that I have been given a new lease of life. My bloodtests came back as SVR (sustained viral response), which means the HepC virus is gone, most likely for good. There will be another check up in 2 years time, just to make sure. I tried to celebrate last night, went out and bought a really good bottle of port (half price in Tesco LOL, coz I am a skinflint) and managed to have 1 1/2 tiny glasses. I am obviously a lightweight too haha. But hey, after drinking so little for over 3 years, after the first glass the guilty conscience regarding my liver settled in, so I just couldn't justify to have any more. Lack of company to celebrate with had probably something to do with it too. I actually got the impression that Pete was peeved off with me not being ill anymore. I bet he wonders what the result means in the long term for him. May he thinks I am going to go out partying more now?I buggered up the interview with the Bristol Drugs Project though! No wonder, I had the SVR news only about 15 minutes before it, and my head was definitely in another universe. So I ended up babbling shit throughout the interview, not even able to finish a sentence. Never mind, I can re-apply in another year :-)
I have got my first paid commission for an Amigurumi elephant. Yayyy! Getting the first one is always difficult, but I am sure things will build up from that. Already had an enquiry about crocheted Xmas puddings :-) So there is hope of making a bit of money with the craft after all.
At the moment my back door is being fitted. The old one broke a couple of weeks ago, well the lock gave up the ghost, so we are having a brand new one with a deluxe catflap. I hope the felines are feeling honoured. My landlady is such a sweety getting it all sorted and paid for.
On Sunday I am meeting with Pierrot's current owners for a trip out to Weton-super-Mare beach with the dogs. It's for them to get acquainted a bit more and for the owners to have a last day out with Pierrot, before giving him to me for a week of trial ownership. Only if that week goes ok, the dogs get on, the cats get on with the new dog and last, but not least, I get on with Pierrot, will we do the final handover. We're such responsible dog owners!!!



Congragulations!!! I'm so happy for you. Don't worry about screwing up the interview - it's hard to concentrate when you're walking on air! There will be other opportunities.
ReplyDelete